Sunday, February 14, 2010

forced creativity--stream of conciousness.

for the past few days my brain has been turned off. i don't know why it is, but i go through spurts where i just turn off. maybe it's my brain's way of telling me it needs a break. my mind is very good at justifying breaks. no need to eat healthy ty, you just worked out. that's something my brain would say. it's a real bad influence on me as is my heart. they are always scheming of ways to make me look like a fool. i still like them though.

in case anyone was wondering, which at this point, i sincerely doubt, i have completed one of my 100 books that i have assigned myself to read. the great gatsby. this was at least the third time that i've read this book and i must say i am horrified at my retention level. it was as if i was reading a brand new book.

if you haven't read any of fitzgerald's work, you should check it out. i marked several passages with the intention of sharing, but my copy of the book is downstairs and i'm just too damn lazy to get it. maybe in the next edition of this pointless blog i'll enlighten a few of you. while reading i also learned a few new words such as supercilious.

my next book is the prince by machiavelli. i'm falling asleep just thinking about it.

0 comments: